West Side Summer Series Concerts
If you live on the West Side of Manhattan, you’ll definitely want to do a bit of scheduling time for music and fresh air, so be sure to pop a few free summer concerts into your calendar! What better way to start (or end?) your day than with a bit of music and fun, right? We’ve rounded up three summer concert series we’re most excited about, which will get you through every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday this summer. If your taste leans towards dance and theater, don’t forget to line up a few Central Park Summerstage shows into your agenda, too!
Summer on the Hudson Amplified Series
Every Sunday, join Summer on the Hudson for their Amplified Concert Series. Held from 7pm to 9pm on Pier 1, these concerts feature a bit of everything – from Flamenco to Peruvian guitar, and the whole gamut in between! The fact that the concerts are held on the river make for a stunning sunset in the background – truly a NYC Summer 2017 memory in the making!
Good Morning America Concerts
If big name bands and performers are what you’re after, look no further than the Good Morning America Concerts, held every Friday morning throughout the summer from 7am to 9am. While these are, indeed, early, I find it’s a great summertime activity to enjoy with friends before work and to kick off a summer in the city weekend! The concerts are held at Rumsey Playfield in Central Park, and are free to the public. Expect favorites such as Linkin Park and Paramore to be playing this year.
Here’s a list of their remaining concerts this summer:
- July 28 – Imagine Dragons (#ImagineDragonsOnGMA)
- August 4 – Linkin Park (#LinkinParkOnGMA)
- August 11 – Bleachers (#BleachersOnGMA)
- August 18 – Eric Church (#EricChurchOnGMA)
- August 25 – Paramore (#ParamoreOnGMA)
- September 1 – Jason Derulo (#DeruloOnGMA)
What Are You Missing for Your First NYC Apartment?Now that you’ve secured your new luxury home, do you know what essentials you’ll need as soon as you move in? Read on!
Riverside Clay Tennis Association Concerts
If a romantic summer concert is what you’re after, look no further than the Riverside Clay Tennis Association‘s sunset concerts! Every Saturday through the summer, evening concerts go from 7pm to 9pm. You are encouraged to bring a picnic blanket and basket–making it a true “dinner and a show” date night! The concerts are held on the tennis lawn overlooking the Hudson River at 97th Street.
Tips For Attending Summer Concerts
- As in everything in NYC, the more well known a free event is, the more people you can expect to show up. So while it would be smart to join the que for the Good Morning America Concerts on the earlier side to guarantee entry (they suggest 6am), the concerts on the Hudson and Tennis Court you can arrive closer to start time (assuming you don’t mind if you’re not right up front!)
- If the weather looks ify, head to the website ahead of time to make sure the show is, in fact, going on.
- While picnics are encouraged, it is illegal to have open containers of alcohol in NYC parks, so if you’re sneaking in the vino, be sure to decant it into a reusable plastic bottle ahead of time.
If you’re currently in the market for a beautiful new NYC apartment to call home, consider our building the Grand Tier, which is conveniently located on the West Side right between Riverside Park and Central Park, making it easy to attend all the concert series we’ve mentioned above!
Choose Luxury Amenities at The EncoreThe Encore offers pristine apartments with the finest amenities and services. Contact us today for a showing.
Which summer concert series are you most anticipating? Share with us on Facebook and Twitter!
Posted in Glenwood News, manhattan living | Tagged manhattan west side concerts • outdoor concerts nyc • outdoor concerts west side nyc • summer concerts nyc