Fourth Of July Desserts
The Fourth of July is this weekend! If you are heading to a friend’s house or outdoor gathering, bringing a themed dessert is a fun way to celebrate. And, your family can get in on the fun of making the dessert’s with you! Keep reading to find out some very easy recipes we think you would love!
Jar of Spirit
This is a very simply, but delicious recipe that your kids can help make! It also is aesthetically pretty, which is always a bonus! This dessert looks best in mason jars (which are great because they are reusable), but can be made in any clear container or cup.
- Whipped Cream
- Shortbread cookie (or vanilla wafers)
- All you need to do is to layer these ingredients! It is best to place the shortbread or vanilla wafers on the bottom to absorb the flavors
- I recommend next to put a layer of blueberries followed by a layer of whipped cream
- On top of the whipped cream, add a layer of strawberries
- Repeat this order until the mason jar is topped off
- Store in the refrigerator until you serve them
- You can make the jars extra cute by wrapping them with red and blue ribbon
- If you want this to be very effortless, whipped cream in a can and store bought shortbread will do just fine!
- If you want to make your own whipped cream, this is a great recipe: make sure you have 1 cup of heavy cream, 1 tablespoon confection sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Combine all ingredients in a mixer and whip it together!
3. You can also display in a tin baking tray if you want to create an American flag shape! Put the shortbread cookies on the bottom, layered with the berries and topped with whip cream stripes!
Red, White, and Blue Strawberries
This is an easy dessert to make that your family can have fun creating!
- Fresh Strawberries
- White chocolate
- Red and blue sprinkles
- Place a pot of boiling water on your stove
- Place a metal bowl into that water the white chocolate in the bowl
- Watch the chocolate in the bowl carefully to make sure the chocolate melts, but does not burn
- As soon as the white chocolate has melted, remove it and quickly dip the strawberries into the bowl to coat them
- Place the sprinkles of different colors into small bowls and dip the strawberries in to create delicious red, white and blue treats!
- Strawberries (enough to fill 1.5 inch pan)
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup of Butter
- ½ cup of Oats
- ½ cup of Flour
- ½ cup of Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- A pinch of white sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 and grease the baking pan you want to use
- Dice strawberries up in a bowl and squeeze a favorable amount of lemon on top
- Place the strawberries in the bottom of a pan, dust top with a pinch of white sugar
- In a food processor or mixer add all the dry ingredients plus the cold butter (this will be your crumble topping)
- Add the mixed topping on top of the strawberries
- Place the pan into the oven for 30 minutes (or until the crisp crust begins to turn golden brown)
Residing at Barclay TowerEvery detail speaks quality - schedule a tour to see how these upscale units compliment your lifestyle.
If You Want To Pick Up Patriotic Colored Dessert
Magnolia Bakery, with NYC locations both uptown and downtown, has great themed cupcakes, cakes, and banana pudding if you would rather pick up for the occasion! They even now offer nationwide shipping.
Posted in manhattan living |