Your Guide to Taste of the Lower East Side
East Siders, West Siders, Mid and Uptown residents, and visiting tourists! Mark your calendars for Wednesday, May 3rd for the 17th Annual Taste of the Lower East Side! This anticipated foodie event is making its yearly appearance at the Metropolitan Pavilion at 125 West 18th Street, and you’ll quickly get a taste for why New Yorkers don’t miss this event!
The event has a lengthy list (so far 48!) of amazing restaurants this year who will be participating. A few we’re especially looking forward to are:
- Boulton and Watt for their scrumptious burgers
- Beauty & Essex for their Spaghettini (zucchini, lemon, parsley pesto, parmigiano, sunny-side up egg)
- Sugar Sweet Sunshine Bakery for their fabulous sunshine cupcakes (they’ve been voted the best in NYC, and I had them at my wedding in lieu of cake!)
- The Meatball Shop – I mean, need we say more!? It doesn’t get better than this!
- Pizza Beach has locations on the Upper East and Lower East Sides… but you can grab a slice in their spot at the event!
To really get your taste buds excited and appetites calling for flavor, the full line up of restaurants can be viewed here.
New York City Apartment Hunting TipsWhether you’re moving to The Big Apple from across the country, across the state, or simply across the park, you’ll be one step closer to finding a great place to live with these apartment hunting tips!
Unlike other tasting events in the city, Taste of the Lower East Side stands out because of their promise: “No one waits in line for food and no one ever leaves hungry.” Standing in long lines for tiny plates of food can be a huge bummer at events like these, so the fact that they have a setup that doesn’t include a line out the door and around the building is pretty huge!
Besides indulging in the hottest plates created by the best downtown chefs, you can also expect open bars, DJs and live music, and even interactive games for the whole family!
Giving Back to the Community
Perhaps the best part of the event is that you can attend and leave knowing you’ve made a difference to your own community. The event supports two programs in the neighborhood. The first is JUMP!, which is a youth mentoring program on the Lower East Side that brings together young professionals and children from the neighborhood. One Saturday each month, JUMP! groups head out on an adventure in the city – from visiting museums, exploring farms, hitting up ice and skating rinks, seeing a Broadway shows, and so many more activities. These day trips create powerful mentor and mentee bonds that last long after the adventure is over.
Entertain Guests in Luxury at The StratfordWith a large roof top pool and lounge, saunas, and sun rooms, The Stratford offers plenty of amenities in Manhattan's Upper East Side to help you relax and entertain guests. Book your tour today.
In addition to youth mentoring, the program also supports the Grand Street Settlement. Due to the success of Taste of the Lower East Side in past years, they’ve been able to provide Grand Street Settlement with:
- 5 Child & Family Centers provide services, workshops, education and care for more than 300 families with small children.
- 7 Community Centers to host senior programming, after-school and summer camp for youth, and events and resources for families.
- 72 affordable housing units for older adults living in senior housing in the Lower East Side.
- 11 Partner NYC schools, inspiring and supporting their students.
Amazing, right? So, essentially, your purchased ticket will allow you to do good, eat good, and feel good! I believe we can all call that a win/win.
Tickets for the Taste of the Lower East Side start at $195 for general admission, and can be purchased here. If you or your company are interested in becoming sponsors of the event, information is available on their website, and sponsorship starts at $1,916. Happy eating!
What You Need to Know
Date: May 3rd
Time: 6 pm to 10 pm
Location: Metropolitan Pavilion
125 West 18th Street
New York, New York
What restaurant are you most looking forward to checking out at the event? Share your favorite dishes with us on Facebook and Twitter!
Posted in Glenwood News, manhattan living, NYC Events | Tagged food festivals • lower east side food • NYC food festival • Taste of the Lower East Side