Hudson Eats in Battery Park City; A Food Court Beyond Your Wildest DreamsTweet
After months of anticipation, by Battery Park City and FiDi locals, by the hordes of area office workers, and by pretty much everyone in NYC who likes really good food, the massive Hudson Eats "food court" officially opened to the public. Located on the second level of Brookfield Place, Hudson Eats brings an all-star roster of counter-service restaurateurs to an airy, bright, surprisingly sprawling space. If you spend any time here in Battery Park City, even if it's only to see a movie at the always-under-crowded Regal Stadium multiplex, Hudson Eats has increased your quick-bite dining options exponentially!
A Compilation of Our Favorite NYC Restaurants
Just take a look at the folks slinging their delicious goods here! At Hudson Eats, you'll find some of our favorite NYC restaurants, including:
- Mighty Quinn's, which serves some of the best barbecue anywhere in NYC.
- The spanking-new Black Seed, home of Montreal-style bagels (and topping options like beet-cured salmon), that is currently selling out on weekends by around 1:00, so get there early.
- The cultishly-adored California import Umami Burger.
- The great Dos Toros, which might make have the best Mission-style burrito in town.
- The excellent Cambodian sandwiches from Num Pang.
- Equally excellent grilled cheese sandwiches from Little Muenster.
- An array of healthy, salad-y choices from the likes of Chop't, Dig Inn, Tartinery, and Skinny Pizza.
- Cute-looking cupcakes from someplace called Sprinkles.
And all of these places are within steps of each other, which means that only hard part about eating here is choosing where, in fact, to actually eat.
Puts the "Court" in Food Court
The physical space at Hudson Eats is impressive as well. With some 600 seats spread out over 35,000 square feet, the place is divided into a number of distinct dining areas, from comfy booths and banquettes to large communal tables to stool-and-counter spots for those on-the-go. There are even a few quiet nooks, no small feat in such an enormous, bustling space. Nice job all around, Hudson Eats. Oh, and among other big-news restaurants coming soon: Blue Ribbon Sushi, a tapas bar from Jose Garces called Amanda, and maybe most exciting, a new outpost of the Torrisi's awesome Parm.
More Information: Hudson Eats
Hudson Eats is located in Brookfield Place, which used to be called the World Financial Center, just above and to the south of the Winter Garden, where the palm trees are. Hudson Eats is open on weekdays from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., on Saturdays from 10:00 to 9:00, and on Sundays it opens at 11:00.